Sunday, September 14, 2008

Praying for Peace

For awhile now I have been going through a rough time. I won't go into what it is because it isn't even worthing trying to. Anyway. The other day I just broke down because of it. Those who know me well know I don't break down like I did almost ever. When I did I just called out to God and I heard him telling me just to give it to Him. Now many times I have tried to give it to him. But none of them seemed to work. I'd just set down the burden for a little bit and then pick it up again and it would weigh me down just as much. This time was different. I can't really even begin to explain for it is. I prayed this time and asked God to take it and I said that even though I can't promise not to worry about it that through Him I know I could. Oh my goodness, at that moment a wave of peace swept over me. It wass amazing how good I felt at that moment. And this peace hasn't just come and gone. It's stayed. I feel good. I've even slept better since then. Even though i have this peace it doesn't mean I haven't thought about my whole ordeal but when I started to God stopped me. I haven't been able to go over and over what all has happen because He keeps stopping me and reminding me that it doesn't matter, that this isn't mine to worry about. Isn't God amazing?
In all this though, it got me thinking about how often we say that we have given up out situatons to God and then we pick them right back up and start dragging them just as we did before. How many times we really don't want to give them up for fear that we'll lose control. I was scared too. I was afraid that if I gave it to God that He would take everything away and I would be left with nothing. I relize now that we do lose control but we gain the ultimate driver of our lives. And an other thing is there can be no back seat drivers. If we give it to God we can't hand it over and tell him what to do with it. We have to give it up completely. It can be hard. And it can take a long time to hand over. But it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment