Thursday, September 25, 2008

And I'd like to thank....

Okay, so yesterday was SYATP(See you at the Pole) and the home school group met at the church to participate. We met with Mike and Bro. David and prayed at the pole visited for a while and stuff like that. Just so you know before hand Mike said that honestly he thought I would be the only one there. But I wasn't. About 15 ended up being there eight of those being students. Which considering the short notice was a very good number. Anyway afterwards Mike took us to Mazatlan(the only decent sit-down restaurant in Joelton) and we had lunch. Of the many topics we discussed one was singers and actors and who they thank when they win something. Mike said he thought it was kind of sad when and artist won an award for a filthy song with a filthy title and got up there and says "I'd like to thank God..." Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with saying that but still it's a little strange to get up the having won for a song that's far from what you'd think God might listen to. So from that we asked who do atheists thank when they win something? Yep we had good times.
After staying on that subject for a little bit Mike turns to me and goes "Micah, when you get a budding music career don't be like them..."(the ones who grew up in Christian homes and stuff like that that are on the fast tract away from their roots). I agreed that I wouldn't. So then he turns to Matthew and says "And Matthew when you get a Grammy for your piano song don't go "I'd like to thank Satan". That was pretty funny.
Just so you know we aren't thanking Satan for anything. I just thought that was too funny to pass up telling you about that.
Talk Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment