Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Guitar is Hard







For the past few weeks I've been playing guitar more than I think I ever have. Let me just tell you now it hurts. Or at least it did for the first week. I have calluses building up now so it doesn't hurt to play which is a good thing.
Those of you who know me well know I've had a guitar for about five years and I'm just now getting good at it. I know the basic chords and then some random ones that I stumbled upon (by stumbled upon I mean I was trying to play one chord and accidentally missed a not or two and the note or two I missed made it sound really cool). The whole "guitar hurts" is the thing I think that kept me from playing for awhile. Now I have the determination to play through the pain.
It's really funny. Everyone I know who plays guitar says it's really easy and that piano(which I play) is hard. I guess it just comes with which one you've been playing longer but I find guitar a whole lot harder than piano. The frets confuse me. How you play one string on one chord and not on the other confuses me. It's just down right confusing. Oh well. I just thought I'd share that with you. Talk later.
P.S. It's less than a week before I go to camp!!! Student Life on the Beach!!! I'm so super pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment