Friday, October 10, 2008

Elevator Luge

Doesn't that sound fun!!!! Like street luge, except your in an elevator going down at break-neck speed until you hit the bottom of the shaft with a big giant SPLAT!
Sounds extreme right? Fun, maybe not. But hey why not.
This week in school I started the devotional book God's Will God's Best. It pretty cool. It was talking about how most teens have a list of things that they want to do with their lives. It listed the one's that are generally on the lists like Finding True Love, Having a purpose, having good friends, things like that. Well one of them was wanting to do something to the Extreme in life. In other word wanting to do something different. I want that too. I don't want to just fit into the norm. I don't want to be a cookie cutter mold of everyone else. I want to stand out in a good way. Then it said something that caught me off guard. It said that "The most extreme, fulfilling life you could ever live happens when you make your way into God's plan."
I think that's so true. Living to the fullest means letting God have his way instead of fighting for your way. That way we can live to the extreme life God wants for us instead of risking life and limb to have an extreme life by what the world sees.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Proverbs 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment