Monday, May 5, 2008

Footprints


Okay, I'm really down and out right now. Yesterday at church we found out that our "New" youth minister is not coming to be voted on because of "Philosophical differences". Which means he's not coming because he doesn't believe in some of the things we(as a church) believe in. I'm so mad, angry, sad and mixed up right now about everything right now. We've been without a youth minister now for about a year and a half now and this is the second guy to come that we were sure was the one. And what you know still not him. It's hard to get hit with a blow like this. Especially for this reason. But I'm reminded of this story on a journal my mom gave me.
"One night a man dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. As scenes of his life flashed before him, he noticed that there were two sets of footprints in the sand. He also noticed at the saddest and lowest times there was but one but one set of footprints. This bothered the man. He ask the Lord, "Did you not promise if I gave my heart to you that you would be with me all the way/ Then why is there but one set of footprints during my most troublesome times?"
The Lord replied, "My precious child, I love you and I would never forsake you. During those times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
Wow! even though we may see only one set of footprints in our hard times it doesn't mean God isn't there. It means He's closer than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment