Monday, August 15, 2011

More From Europe

This is the barbed-wire fencing around the top of the cliff at Point Du Hoc. It kind of surprised me how close you could get to to it. I'm pretty sure in the States you couldn't get within five feet of the edge.
Here's Big Ben. Except not really. Big Ben is the bell inside so this is technically just the Clock Tower. I like Big Ben better.
In all honesty I don't know whet this building is. Any guesses?
Best Bus Groups Ever! SLU 301 Bus Four.
This is from sailing across the English Channel. I like the random boat in it.
A street in London with double decker buses. In case you couldn't tell from the picture...
The crater holes at Point Du Hoc. It just looks like rocky hills but it's not. They're holes made by shells. It was eye-opening seeing these in person.

View of the cliffs at Point Du Hoc. They're 1000 feet tall and soldiers climbed them in the rain, on wet ropes, while being shot at. I can't imagine what it was like and just how impossible the task they face seemed to them.
Flags at Omaha Beach. I got to see the flag raising ceremony for this and it was quite nice.
Grave cross at Normandy American Memorial Cemetery.
The Eiffel Tower. I didn't go up, it was too expensive and I didn't have time. However, I did spend time around the bottom of it and it's truly massive.
A shot of Point Du Hoc. You can see those same cliffs at a different angle too.
Tower Bridge in London. It was pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment