Tuesday, May 17, 2011

They're graduating?


I've never had so much trouble wrapping my head around the fact that this year's seniors are not going to be here next year. I'm in the process of coming to terms with me being a senior but it hadn't hit me that that meant the now graduating seniors weren't going to be there. It finally hit me this weekend as I was sitting in my best friend's graduation that I'm still in high school and she isn't. I'm not gonna lie, I got misty eyed at that thought. And it again hit me after my church's graduation service on Sunday: My senior friends are going away. I can't get it into my head that this time has finally come. I'm going to miss all of these people so much. Grant it, I haven't always gotten along with everyone over the years, but they're still my friends and I've still spent four plus years seeing them every week. It's going to be so strange for them not to be around come September.
All of these people have meant so much to me. We've grown up, played, and learned together. We've served, taught, and prayed together. I can't imagine the last few years my life without everyone of them in it.
So here's to you Class of 2011. May God bless and keep you as you step out into the rest of your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment