Sunday, October 24, 2010

All Things

























"I want Thy plan, O God, for my life. May I be happy and contented whether in the homeland or the foreign field; whether married or alone; in happiness or sorrow; health or sickness; prosperity or adversity- I want Thy plan, O God, for my life. I want it; oh I want it!" Oswald J. Smith

That is pretty much my new favorite quote. It puts into words what I'm praying for in my life right now. To want God's plan. And I do. It's unnerving at times because I don't know the what's, when's, who's, and how's. But I'm learning to be more patient every day. I'm trusting God to show me what to do. I'm trusting God to take me where he wants me to go. I'm trusting God to show me who to meet. And I'm trusting God to show me how to do what he wants me to do.
It is not easy and I'm not perfect. I can't do much on my own. There are some things, small things, that I can do but when it comes to the big stuff it usually doesn't turn out so good. But that's a great thing about God. He doesn't need us and our little abilities. He doesn't need the professional singer to lead people in worship. He doesn't need the person with the biggest faith to go Africa and be a missionary. He doesn't need us to do. He needs us to be willing.
Jesus said "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed you can say to this mountain "move" and it will move."
Can you believe that? Faith the size of a mustard seed. Do you know how small a mustard seed is? It's TINY. And Jesus said if you have faith of that size you could move mountains. Isn't that amazing!!! I think it's beyond amazing. The fact that God can use mustard sized faith to move mountains blows my mind. I tend to get stuck in the rut of "I don't have the faith to do..." and that's wrong to think. When we say we can't do something we're saying God can't do something and HELLO ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!!! Not just the somethings that we can do but ALL THINGS.
Never forget that God can do all things through you. Just because you can't (humanly speaking) move mountains does not mean God can't move mountains using you. "The word 'No' and 'Lord' do not go together in the Christian vocabulary."

No comments:

Post a Comment