Tuesday, August 3, 2010

For He Knows







"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

God's got a plan for our lives. He knows the who's, what's, where's, when's, why's, and how's of everything that has, is, and will happen. God knows. Where I and a lot of people stumble, is the fact that we don't know all those things. Honestly I don't understand any of those W's most of the time and that's what messes me up. I don't know why I'm having to deal with this person or how this will ever apply to me, stuff like that.

The not knowing this stuff is hard. I just want to be sure about school and friends and family and everything else that's going on in my life now. But I'm not. I regularly tell myself that it would make everything easier if I knew where I was going to college, who I was going to be friends with, when I was going to meet my guy, and how I'm going to live my life. But God doesn't work that way. He keeps us guessing. And he tells us that He's the one who gets to know.

It all comes down to trust. No matter how easy or hard trust comes for you. Trusting God to know your story and write it how he wants to is hard because that doesn't always mean getting what we want when we want it. I don't know about you but that's not the easiest thing to do. Surrendering our hopes and dreams to God is hard. But it's the best thing you'll ever do.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And he will direct your path."
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment