Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm getting there

It's taken me a long time to admit to myself that I'm a senior. For the longest time it has been going to be one next year or I will be soon and other excuses like that. Well that next year is quickly approaching. In fact, I'm just about to the half way mark of my limbo between junior/senior year: mid-summer.
I've been busy. Very busy. I've worked VBS, attended a orchestra camp, taken part of an ACT prep course, purchased a new viola, and numerous other things. It's been a great summer so far. I'll try to sum up with pictures.
VBS 2011 was New York themed. I' worked in music teaching 1st through 4th grades the motions to the music. It was so much fun! The picture is of me and my friend Morgan on one of our group's dress up days. This was taken on tourist day. Oh and we are aware that we're wearing D.C. shirts in N.Y.
This picture is from the final concert of Belmont's Strings Crossing, which is the orchestra camp I attended. The camp was very intense and a lot of hard work but all that made me learn so much.
This is me with the quartet I was in at camp. We played a Haydn quartet and rocked it. It was VERY hard and we had to pull a lot together in a little time but we did it. These girls are such great players and I'm so glad I got to work with them.
Lastly, this is my new viola. It's a beautiful new instrument with a gorgeous sound and I can't wait to keep improving over my senior year on this instrument.





With all of this summer stuff going on it's getting me so excited for my senior year. Wrapping up all my high school stuff is starting to present itself as just a challenge than a threat and college is no longer a distant fear but a upcoming adventure. I know God has big plans for this coming school year and beyond and I just can't wait to see what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment