Friday, September 11, 2009

Favor

Yesterday I got an e-mail from my youth minister asking for a "favor". He's doing a seminary and he needed some of his students to right an alphabetical list of attributes of God. I put what I sent below and a paragraph about the process of making the list.

A- Always there
B- Beginning and End
C- Creative
D- Deliverer
E- Everything
F- Father
G- Glorious
H- Happy
I- I AM
J- Jehovah
K- Kind
L- Living
M- My God
N- None Compare
O- Over all
P- Perfect
Q- Quality
R- Righteous
S- Satisfying
T- Trustworthy
U- Understanding
V- Victorious
W- Wise
X- Xanadu – it means beautiful or idyllic place, from the poem about Kabul Khan
Y- Yahweh
Z- Zenith- means the highest point or climax of something.

At first I really just started listing things. The first few were easy but as I went on they got harder and harder because there where so many good names and adjectives to choose from. X and Z where interesting. I just hit the letters X and Z on my computer dictionary and scrolled through to see what I could find. There wasn’t really any “God” terms within those letters but I find that the words and what they mean fit to what I find God to be. Even if I could write in every word that comes to mind for each of these letters it wouldn't even begin to cover just how much or what God it to me. This made me think.
Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment